BATS Global Markets, Inc. (BATS) is a leading operator of securities markets in the U.S. and Europe. BATS develops and operates electronic markets for the trading of listed cash equity securities in the U.S. and Europe and listed equity options in the U.S. BATS is currently the third-largest equities exchange operator both in the U.S. and globally.
In the U.S. BATS operates two stock exchanges, the BATS BZX Exchange and BYX Exchange, and BATS Options, an equity options market. In December 2011, BATS launched a U.S. primary listings business enabling it to list exchange-traded products (ETPs) on the BATS BZX Exchange. In Europe, BATS Chi-X Europe is the largest pan-European equities exchange by market share and value traded.
Each of these markets is powered by BATS’ innovative and proprietary technology, which customers rely upon to execute their trading activities in today's capital markets.
Latest NewsVisit Newsroom
- Bats Global Markets Announces November HighlightsDecember 4, 2013
- BATS Global Markets in November: European Trade Reporting Service Becomes Market Leader, 1Q14 Close Projected for Direct Edge MergerDecember 4, 2013
- Lyxor ETFs Begin Trading on BATS Chi-X EuropeNovember 25, 2013
- BATS Exchange Welcomes ProShares ETFNovember 21, 2013
- BATS Chi-X Europe Launches First Listings With iShares ETFs TodayNovember 18, 2013
- BATS Chi-X Europe Welcomes Lyxor ETFsNovember 14, 2013
- BATS Global Markets Announces October HighlightsNovember 4, 2013
- BATS and Interactive Data Bring New Web-Based Desktop Tools to InvestorsNovember 1, 2013
- BATS Chi-X Europe Welcomes Initial Customers to New Trade Reporting ServiceOctober 31, 2013
Investor EducationVisit the Education Center
Competition and technology have significantly improved financial markets around the world in recent years. The BATS Investor Education Center is designed to help investors better understand how markets are structured and how trading works.