A Global Exchange LeaderAbout us
BATS Global Markets, Inc. (BATS) is a leading operator of securities markets, serving the needs of customers in the U.S. and European equities and listings industries, as well as the U.S. options market. The company recently merged with Direct Edge Holdings LLC and is focused on Making Markets Better for traders, investors and issuers.
Broker-dealers, institutional and retail investors rely on BATS’ regulated markets to execute their trading activities efficiently and effectively in today’s competitive capital markets. BATS developed its own technology and supports each of its businesses with a relentless emphasis on market quality, transparency, fairness and a high standard of customer service.
In the United States, BATS operates four stock exchanges – BZX, BYX, EDGX and EDGA – and regularly ranks first or second in market quality for 300+ stocks in the S&P 500 Index, and as the top market for ETF and retail-driven liquidity. BATS also operates BATS Options, an equity options market, and has emerged as an important listing venue for ETFs and other structured products.
BATS also operates the largest pan-European equities exchange, offering trading and listing services across 16 major European markets. With its world-class proprietary technology and relentless customer focus, BATS strives to bring efficiency, transparency and fairness to market participants.
Latest NewsVisit Newsroom
- BATS Global Markets Announces Departure of William O'Brien; Joe Ratterman, CEO, Reassumes Additional Role of PresidentJuly 22, 2014
- CEO Joe Ratterman's Remarks for U.S. Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs. July 7, 2014
- BATS Global Markets Reports June Volume and ActivityJuly 7, 2014
- BATS Announces Annual Changes to BATS 1000 IndexJuly 1, 2014
- BATS Global Markets Unveils BATS One Market Data FeedJune 30, 2014
- BATS Renews Lease at Kansas Global HeadquartersJune 26, 2014
- BATS Global Markets Announces May Volume and ActivityJune 3, 2014
Investor EducationVisit the Education Center
Competition and technology have significantly improved financial markets around the world in recent years. The BATS Investor Education Center is designed to help investors better understand how markets are structured and how trading works.