BATS Global Markets, Inc. (BATS) is a leading operator of securities markets in the U.S. and Europe. BATS develops and operates electronic markets for the trading of listed cash equity securities in the U.S. and Europe and listed equity options in the U.S. BATS is currently the third-largest equities exchange operator both in the U.S. and globally.
In the U.S. BATS operates two stock exchanges, the BATS BZX Exchange and BYX Exchange, and BATS Options, an equity options market. In December 2011, BATS launched a U.S. primary listings business enabling it to list exchange-traded products (ETPs) on the BATS BZX Exchange. In Europe, BATS Chi-X Europe is the largest pan-European equities exchange by market share and value traded.
Each of these markets is powered by BATS’ innovative and proprietary technology, which customers rely upon to execute their trading activities in today's capital markets.
Latest NewsVisit Newsroom
- BATS Chi-X Europe Receives Recognised Investment Exchange ApprovalMay 9, 2013
- BATS Global Markets U.S. Equities Market Share Rose In AprilMay 3, 2013
- BATS Chi-X Europe Names David Howson Chief Operating OfficerApril 22, 2013
- BATS Chi-X Europe Sets New Monthly Spanish Market Share RecordApril 3, 2013
- BATS Rolls Out Innovative Market Quality Reports March 28, 2013
- BATS Successfully Operates U.S. Businesses From Disaster Recovery SiteMarch 20, 2013
- EMCF and EuroCCP Combine Strengths to Create New Competitive Force in Pan-European Cash Equities ClearingMarch 14, 2013
Investor EducationVisit the Education Center
Competition and technology have significantly improved financial markets around the world in recent years. The BATS Investor Education Center is designed to help investors better understand how markets are structured and how trading works.